Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region Celebrates Power of Mentoring With Bigs, Littles and Families At 15th Annual Picnic At Franklin Square Sunday
Over 1,000 guests will enjoy summer fun at the mentoring organization’s largest event of the year.
On Sunday, July 1st, 2018, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region (BBBS Independence) will host its 15th Annual Summer Picnic, presented by Wawa and Health Partners Plans. The picnic remains BBBS Independence’s largest annual event, celebrating the impact of mentoring on transforming lives, families and communities.
Over 1,000 Bigs (adult mentors), Littles (child or teen mentees) and their families will gather for a free, fun-filled day of food, face painting, carousel rides, arts and crafts, relay races, and a magic show all while getting to enjoy the Chinese Lantern Festival lanterns during the day in beautiful Franklin Square.
For the past 100+ years, BBBS Independence has delivered a one-to-one youth mentoring model with a proven record of success. This unique event provides a special opportunity for the extended family members of both Bigs and Littles to spend time together in a fun atmosphere – and to witness firsthand the positive influence and notable impact Bigs and Littles have had on each other’s lives.
- Bigs, Littles and family members who can speak to the positive impact of mentoring their lives
- Sponsors of BBBS Independence and Wawa, who can share why they support the organization’s mission and this event
- Marcus Allen, CEO, BBBS Independence
Sunday, July 1, 2018,
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Franklin Square, 6th and Race Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Over 1,000 attendees, including Bigs, Littles and their families
- Carnival activities and games, including carousel rides, balloon art, face painting, arts and crafts, and relay races
- A DJ dace party, and magician who after preforming a show will offer sleight of hand tricks up-close for guests
- Photo opportunities with Star Wars, and superhero and villain characters